Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z is for Zoo

Well here we are! The final letter!  This has truly been a tough challenge.  I want to thank you all for reading my blog this month.  From now on, I will probably post something once or twice a week.  I don't plan on totally going away.  As you can see, my blogs are about whatever I am feeling.  It is just a little bit of this and that. 


Levi taking it all in at the Aquarium



Some of my fondest memories growing and also in my adult life were going to the zoo.   Every year during elementary school, we took a field trip to the Omaha Henry Doarly's Zoo.  It was so much fun.  I know my jaw dropped to the floor the first time I saw an elephant up close.  I remember seeing my first seal show.  It was real fun watching them jump through hoops.  It is amazing how the trainers can train them so well.


<>
Watch out Levi!  That tiger is going to get you!

My wife and I had the great experience of taking Levi to the Omaha Zoo a couple of years ago.  It was called Snooze at the Zoo.  It was where you actually got to camp out at the zoo.  I don't know who was more excited, me or Levi.  They took us on a tour of the jungle.  I know I was freaking out because I was afraid a bat was going to get me because it was pretty dark in there.  We had a little bit of a light.  We got to see a lot of the animals at night and we along with the other campers had the zoo to ourself.  After we got back,  we played some games, and had ice cream.  We actually camped out in the aquarium.  We  got to sleep with the sharks.  Sharks and stingrays were swimming around us while we were sleeping.  Also, the penguins were in the aquarium which is my favorite bird. I find it amazing how fast they can swim and how long they can stay underwater.    It was pretty amazing.  The next morning they took us on another tour before the zoo opened.  We got to see some feeding which was neat, and then we got to spend the whole day at the zoo.  Levi had so much fun on this trip.  I would totally recommend this to anyone with little kids.    Everyone had such a good time.


Levi barking with the seal!

As far as my favorite animals at the zoo.  When I was a kid, my favorite animal was the tiger.  I loved their sly style.  I just thought they were cool looking with their black and orange stripes too.  However, I have a new favorite animal now.  It is the polar bear.  I just think they are magnificent.  I love the white coat, which really isn't white when you see it up close.   I love watching them swim, and usually they are pretty entertaining to watch at the zoo.  We saw one polar bear some kind of dance.  They like playing around with the balls too.  I can't wait to see the one at the Kansas City Zoo.

Well that wraps up my A-Z.  I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment