Friday, April 22, 2011

S is for Siblings


From Left to Right:  Troy, Dot, Larry, Margie, Rick
 Growing up, I was always the baby of the family.  Of course, getting ready to turn the big 40, I don't feel like the baby anymore.  I was blessed to have two brothers and two sisters.  I would like to use this post to talk about my OLDER siblings.  Had to do a little bit of a jab.

I mentioned in my last post that there was one more Richard that was a huge in my life.  That would be my brother Rick.  We were like two peas in a pod.  The thing I admire most about my big brother Rick is his heart.  There are many times where I was having financial problems, and he was always there to help me.  He eased a lot of my tensions.  There were many a nights I would go to his apartment in Hamburg and we would watch movies.  We did the fun brother stuff, like make funny videos.  We got quite the collection of just stupid dumb stuff we filmed.  It was great.  Rick is really good with money, but if he splurges it on something, it is usually on electronics.  He has all the cool toys.  I really admire that my Rick has stayed close to home all these years.  I am sure that my mom appreciates it.  It takes away a lot of my worry about my mom being lonely.  I know Rick is right there.  Rick was my best man in my wedding, and he always will be my best man.

My oldest brother is Larry.    Some of my fondest memories was when Larry would take me for rides on his motorcyle.  We would go to the top of the vidoct and pump our arm so the semis would honk thier horns.  Larry was big into the sports cars. I remember the Chevy Nova, and the Monte Carlo.  He loved cars and anything that moved fast. Unfortunately Larry hung around the wrong people in his adolescent and it got him into trouble.  As Larry got older, he became wiser.  He married a lovely girl named Jill who I think is a true miracle to him, and they have two wonderful kids Isaac and Rebekah.  I am so proud of him for being a good husband, father, and provider.  I am so impressed with his skills with fixing up cars.  He has a a great shop to do his work.  What I am really impressed about Larry is he is not afraid to speak his mind.  You might not always agree with him but he says what he feels.  I love you Brother

Then there are my sisters Dot and Margie.  Unfortunately, I don't get to see them often. They lived with their birth mother.    Thank God for Facebook so we can always keep in contact.  I remember growing up I couldn't wait for Dot and Margie to come visit.  We hung out all the time.  It was so nice having big sisters.  We goofed around all the time.   Dot is one of the strongest people I know.  She has been through a lot and she always comes out looking good.  She always looks so happy in her Facebook pictures.  I know she is a great mom.  I was touched that Dot came to my wedding.  It was so nice seeing her.  Margie is probably is one of the most independent people I know.  She is also a great mom.  Margie and I have similar personalities.  We both like to be the center of attention a lot of the time. :) I haven't seen Margie in a long time.  Hopefully we will cross paths soon.   Another thing I admire and am jealous about is they both travel a lot.  I love seeing the pictures of their vacation.

I am also blessed to have such wonderful brother in laws and sister in laws.  Jill, Chris, Shelly, John, Brian, and Levi, I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment