Monday, April 4, 2011

A is for American Idol

Who would have thought I would start my own blog.  My blogs are mainly going to be just about things that are on my mind.  I don't really have a theme.  It is just going be a bunch of This and That.  My wife said she didn't think I could complete the A-Z Challenge in April.  I am her to prove her wrong.  Of course, I have to do 3 in one day just to get caught up but that is ok.  So, here we go with letter A.

A is for American Idol.   Yes I am addicted to the show.  I can't get enough American Idol.  My wife thinks I am a nerd because I can name the winners and runner ups in every season.  I find it fun to try to guess who is going to be going home and who is going to stay.  It is fun to pick out your favorite and rooting them on every week.  Celebrating with them when they give an amazing performance, and cringing when they hit that bad note.   

The best season of American Idol was probably Season 2 in my opinion.  Ruben Studdard vs Clay Aiken.  It was funny seeing Big Ruben vs little Clay Aiken.  You didn't even realize there were other contestants in the show that year.  My favorite Idol moment was when David Cook won in Season 7.  He was a local Kansas City guy, and he made every song his own.  I think all of Kansas City was bursting with pride when he won.

Taylor Hicks was alson one of my favorite Idols as well.  He won Season 5.  That was the year I met the love of my life Misty.  We were both huge Taylor Hicks fan.  We loved the way he was crazy and just had fun on stage.  Misty just thought he was hot with his salt n' pepper hair.  We actually even had a Taylor Hicks song as our 1st Dance song at our wedding.  The song was called "Places I've Been."  Here are some of the lyrics.  It is a beautiful song. 
 
I think of all the places I've been
It always comes down to one thing
The only place I want to be
Is with you

I think of all the faces Ive seen
And though they all mean something to me
The only face I want to see
Belongs to you

All the places I've been meant nothing
They were nowhere
'cause you were not there

Everything I've been through
Everything before you
Was just time moving on
With no meaning
You're what was missing.

Now that American Idol has entered its 10th season, I am still a huge fan, and I am rooting for Scotty McCreery all the well! 

1 comment:

  1. Why am I not surprised that your first post was about American Idol? You are obsessed!!!!

    I LOVE that song!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete