Friday, April 29, 2011

Y is for Youth

My brother and I were happy kids!

Levi and his best friend Dhiren! Look at those smiling faces!
I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

These are lyrics from the song Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston.  I think a lot of people are worried about our youth.  A lot of people are thinking "Oh My Gosh, This is the generation that is going to take care of me.  We're in trouble now!"

I am excited that the children are our future.  Sure, there are a few out there that cause trouble, and the youth that misbehave seem to beworse than it used to be.  However, everytime I go to church on Sunday, or go to school projects,  I realize there are outstanding kids out there.  They are caring.  They are smiling.  They are so excited about the projects they are working on.  When I see this, it makes me excited about our future.  I am excited that these creative and smart kids are going to be the face of our nation.

Teach them well and let them lead the way! Show them all the beauty they possess inside!  I know some kids are brought up in different situations.  Some are raised rich.  Some are raised poor.  Some are raised in crime ridden areas.  Some are raised in the ritz.  The biggest thing is to show them love.  I think rich people have to watch this.  They get caught up in the money and think they can buy their child's love. Obviously, there are great wealthy parents out there but I honestly think they need to be the most careful.  If you are in a crime ridden area, show your kids love, make sure they don't get involved in things they shouldn't get into. Show them the difference between right and wrong.   I think some of the most well behaved and loving kids I have seen are from low to middle income families.   I think these people usually put family first.  Either way, show your kids love and the beauty they possess.

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier.   If kids do something well, tell them they did a good job.  I see a lot of times when kids do amazing things, and the parents either yell at them about something else or ignore the good deed.  Show love when they do something good.  Discipline them if they do something bad.  I know that sounds easy enough.  I think there needs to be more of it.

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be!  For the most part I grew up poor as a kid.  However, I felt rich.  My parents and grandparents always showed me love.  I was lucky to have great parents who praised me when I did something good, and disciplined me when I did something bad.   Everytime a child laughs,  think back to your favorite childhood memories and smile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment