Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P is for Pizza


When the moon hits your eye like a big-a pizza pie, That's Amore! 

I love PIZZA!  Deep Dish, Thin Crust, Pan, Stuffed crust, frozen!  I just love pizza. 

My love affair with pizza began when I was a little kid.   We would always look forward to Saturday night because Saturday night was pizza night!  Most of the time, it was just Totino's Frozen Pizza.  Once in a while, we would have Pizza Hut or Breadeaux Pizza.  I remember if we didn't have pizza on Saturday, I was disappointed. 

Of course on the Totino's pizza, we would have always add more cheese to it.  You have to add cheese! I always got Pepperoni or Combination.  Rick always got hamburger.  Mom got either cheese or canadian bacon.  Dad would usually get either hamburger or sausage.  Larry I think just ate anything.  :)  I remember that after I was done eating my pizza I would always go to see if anyone couldn't finish theres and volunteer to help them out.   I just loved pizza.

Once, I went to college the Saturday night pizza thing went away, because it would turn into Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night pizza.  I was introduced to other pizza places like Dominoes, Papa Minskys, UNO's, and many many more.

When I think of the best Pizza places.  Two come to mind.  One is a chain and one is local in Liberty Missouri.  The chain pizza is Papa Johns!  It has the freshest ingredients, the best crust.  They always deliver their pizza with a garlic dipping sauce.  It is the best.  The local place is called "The Dish"  They have the best Deep Dish pizza out there!  I am sorry Chicago, you have nothing on the "The Dish"  Yum!   My favorite pizza to get is actually from Pizza Hut.  It is the Stuffed Crust Pizza.  There is cheesy goodness in every bite!

I have to admit if I could go back to Saturday Night Pizza Night, I would.  I just remember as a kid, this was something we always looked forward too.  Some people say, you need to break your traditions and do things outside the box.  I think some traditions is what makes a family.  Saturday night Pizza night is definitately a tradition I miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment