Monday, April 18, 2011

O is for Outstanding


Levi and I at the zoo in Omaha
 You might of saw in my last post that I said I was really happy to spend an afternoon with Levi. 

As I said in my post, I really wasn't looking forward to going to my inlaws house.  I was tired and I just wanted to stay home.  Misty put the guilt trip on me and I went.  I was in my paint clothes because that is what I was supposed to do.   I thought they were crazy to have a paint brush in my hands.  Usually gallons of paint or paint splatter end up everywhere, but I was there to help paint. 

Little did I know is my mother in law knew of my shortcomings and put me on Levi patrol.  She asked me if I could help Levi clean his room while Misty and her painted.  So first of all I went into Levi's room and I think my jaw went to the floor.  I was like, where do you even start in here?  So I decided to do my method of cleaning.  You start in one corner and move to the other corner, and if you weren't sure what something was, you threw it in the closet. :)  He had so many toys, and instead of cleaning, he of course wanted to show me his toys.  That boy sure has a lot of toys.  After we got to a certain point where you could actually see most of the floor, I said that is good ending point for today.  There is still a lot to do in there. 

After that Levi, had to show me this rocket game he was playing on the computer.  It was real fun watching him play.  I think he had more fun hitting planes and crashing than actually trying to win the game. 

After dinner, I decided to get on the trampoline with Levi.  I haven't jumped on the trampoline for ages.  Levi was tickled I got in there.  I started jumping on the trampoline, causing Levi to fly in the air.  He even stood off to the side of the trampoline when I tried to do my own thing.  I was trying to to do the classic jump, land on my butt and back on my feet.  I came so close but couldn't quite accomplish it. 

That might have been the most time I had ever spent with Levi where it was me and him.  We had so much fun and I we had really good bonding time, and at the end of the day he gave me a big hug.  That truly made this day Outstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment