Monday, April 11, 2011

I is for Ice Cream


Who doesn't love ice cream?  It is actually one of my favorite desserts.  You can't go wrong with a nice heaping spoon or two or 3 heaping spoons of homemade ice cream with chocolate syrup on top. 

My father in law makes his own ice cream and it is amazing.  After tasting his ice cream,  Misty and I had to get an ice cream maker so we could make our own ice cream. 

There all kinds of ice creams I like, but I would have to say my favorite is the classic Hot Fudge Sundae.  There is just something about that mixture of ice cream, hot fudge, whipped topping, with a cherry on top!  Yum! 

Who has the best ice cream?  Growing up I would have said Dairy Queen.  I remember going to Shenandoah Iowa on the weekends and either getting a dipped cone or a Blizzard.  I usually put Butterfinger in mine. 

Now, I would have to say Cold Stone Creamery.  My favorite is there Cake Batter Ice Cream.  The specialty I like is called All Lovin' No Oven.  It has Cake Batter Ice Cream, Cookie Dough, Fudge, and Whipped Cream.  Yum! 

So on the next hot summer day, treat yourself to some ice cream. You deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Troy,
    I like the ice cream at Russell Stover's. I'm also still a big fan of Ben & Jerry's - Dublin Mudslide is one of my favorites.

    What flavors have you made with your ice cream maker? We have one, and love this one: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/serious-vanilla-ice-cream-recipe/index.html.

    We omit the peach preserves, and it is awesome.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete