Friday, April 15, 2011

M is for Mom

I knew I wanted to write about my mom and my mother in law for the letter M.  It is hard to come up with words to describe people that have totally shaped your life.  These poems sum up what I think of my mother and mother in law. 

 

Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.

You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.


You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.



I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!






When you gave birth to your first child
I wonder what you thought
As tears flowed down in joy that day
For the treasure God had wrought
As you looked into your baby's eyes
And held her tiny hand
Did you know how thankful I would be
For the girl you made a woman
No girl grows into such a woman
Without a mother's care
Teaching her and loving her
And always being there
And now I look into the eyes
Of the daughter you raised to be
A woman who stands above the crowd
And it's your eyes that I see
Those beautiful brown eyes of strength and hope
And of character so rare
The eyes of love and faithfulness
And wisdom that you shared
I want to take this moment
And thank you for the one
That you have shared and let me love
Your work of art, your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment