Monday, April 25, 2011

U is for Upbringing

I was sitting here on this Easter reminesing about my upbringing and the traditions we had growing up.

For instance, the Easter bunny must have knew our family liked to hunt for Easter Eggs outside.  The only time the Easter Bunny would hide eggs inside is if it was raining.  There were days when it was 30 degrees outside but we still went outside to hunt Easter Eggs.  My dad would bundle me up and we would go out on my Grandpa's and Grandma's farm and hunt Easter Eggs.    When you are growing up, you don't think about different ways people do things.  My wife told me the Easter Bunny always hid eggs inside when she grew up.  Once in a while the Easter Bunny would forget and do it outside. 

Another tradition we had was at Christmas.  My mom would make sugar cookies for Christmas, and my brothers and me always decorated them every year.  Still to this day, when we go home for Christmas, we have Christmas cookies to decorate.  Also growing up. my mom would make us go to bed by 9:00.  And she said if you  listen really hard you can hear Santa coming.  All of a sudden, we would hear footsteps on the roof, and Santa would yell  "HO HO HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"  It was amazing how much Santa actually sounded like my dad.  :) 

I am hoping in the future if Misty and I have children, we can create our own family traditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment