Monday, April 4, 2011

B is for Baseball

B is for Baseball.   You know Spring is coming when Baseball starts.  I remember growing up and my dad and I would watch Cubs games.  We were huge fans of the Chicago Cubs.  That was back in the day of Ryne Sandberg, Jody Jody Davis "King of Wrigley Field."  Harry Caray fans would get that reference.  I remember when my dad would fall asleep as he was watching the game and my mom would come in and try to change the channel, and my dad would yell "I WAS WATCHING THAT!"  You didn't want to mess with my dad and his Cubbies.  My dad was a real man's man.  He knew how to fix things. One of his favorite places to be was the garage working on the truck.    I definitely didn't get that from my dad.  And all though my passion for the game has dwindled a little over the year, I will never forget the days of sitting at home and watching the Cubbies with my dad.  It is a memory I will cherish forever

No comments:

Post a Comment