Sunday, April 17, 2011

N is for Next

Do you ever sit around and think about what is next in my life?  I know I do.   I am really good at saying all the nexts I want in life but rarely put it in motion.  Do you ever feel that way?

Misty and I have talked about getting laminate throughout the house.  We have talked about making our master bathroom bigger.  We have talked about doing landscaping.  I always say that is the next thing on my list.  That is just in the house.

How about life?  What is next in life?  What is next in my family life?  What is next in my relationship with God?  Getting healthy is the next thing I am going to do.  Next, I am going to get more involved with charities.  What is next in your career?  I have to admit I haven't been focusing on the nexts. 

I always make excuses.  I don't have enough time.  I don't have the money.  I am too tired.  I need to rest.  My body hurts.  I have said them all. 

The other day, I was complaining because I didn't want to go to my mother and father inlaws  house.  I was tired and I just wanted to stay home.  I am so glad I went because I had a great time with my little brother Levi that day.  If I woud have stayed home, I probably would have laid around and watched TV.  It wouldn't have been nearly as rewarding. 

I have decided that I going to try not to use these excuses anymore.  If it involves money, find out how much it is going to cost and make a plan to save for it.  If it involves getting healthier, make a plan of how your are going to improve it.  I am not naive and think I am going to be able to change over night, but I am going to really try.  You aren't going to get to your next next unless you are willing to stand up to the plate and do something about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment