Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for Love

On April 28th, 2011, Misty and I will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary.   I gave you the story of our engagement night.  Now I am going to give you the story of how I fell in love with Misty.

Misty lived in Odessa, Missouri.  I lived in Gladstone, Missouri.  How in the world are these two people met to be together going to meet.  After giving up on the traditional way to meet girls, I decided to go online and got an account on Yahoo Personals.  I tried to get clever and created a Top 10 list of things that I look for in a girl. Next thing I know, this beautiful brown eyed girl Misty wrote me and said she thought my ad was original and she really liked it.  We exchanged a ton of emails.  This was happening during the spring of 2006.  Then all of a sudden, like an idiot, I stopped writing for a few weeks.  My friend Jerry was getting married and I was his best man, so I was busy planning stuff for that, but after the wedding, I started writing again.  Misty said she was getting ready to delete me off her contacts. 

So after a lot more emails, I really wanted to meet this girl who I could tell was amazing in her emails.  You could see the kindness, the sense of humor.

The problem was Odessa and Gladstone are quite a distance apart. However, Misty recently had a got a promotion and was working as a Store Manager at Dress Barn in Zona Rosa.  I was really nervous to meet her but finally we had set a date to eat at Tomfooleries.  I was so nervous.  I didn't want to screw this up.  So we met at Tomfooleries.  She came out the door and greeted me, and I was like "Wow, She is beautiful!"  Of course that made me more nervous.  So we sat down, and were having Idol Chit Chat.   Actually we were talking about American Idol.  We both were huge Taylor Hicks fans.  I think during dinner I actually spit my food out.  I probably was messy.  I was thinking this is going really great.  Not!  After dinner we went Miniature Golfing and then went to play pool.  I had a great time with Misty, only to learn later on Misty didn't feel the same connection.  I pretty much begged her to go on 2nd date with me, which she agreed too.  We went to see a movie.  There was a little more chemistry there, but still she wasn't feeling it.  She decided to give me one more chance.  We met for dinner at Granite City.  I could tell Misty had a hard day at work.  I just was comforting her.  After dinner, we went to Barnes and Noble to hang out.  We got some of those "What If"  and that is where Misty finally realized there was something there.  She realized in my answers that I was worth pursueing. We had a quick kiss at the end of the date.   I could tell there was a big shift that night.  We officially became boyfriend and girlfiriend that night. 

After that, Misty and I met almost everyday after her work.  We had great talks and great smooching sessions. ;)  I was falling hard pretty early, but I wanted to make sure it was the right time before I would say it. 

Actually, Misty was the first to tell me she loved me.  We were at my mom's house.  This was the first time she had met my mom. We stayed the night at my mom's house in separate beds.   In the morning, Misty came over and cuddled beside and told me she loved me.  I was the happiest man alive!  I so loved her so much.

It wasn't too much after that, that we went to Odessa and we had the house to ourself because her family went camping.  I don't know why but I felt the urge at 3:00 in the morning that I needed to tell her I loved her.  She was half asleep, but I had done it.  I find it funny that both of us told the other they loved them at their parent's house. 

It wasn't much long after that we moved in together.  It wasn't much long after that we became engaged.  It wasn't long after that we became husband and wife.  From emails to marriage was a little over a year.

I am the luckiest man in the world!  I am married to this beautiful brown eyed girl, that has a huge heart, is hilarious, is a great big sister.  I am so glad that she is head over heels in love with me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment