Thursday, June 16, 2011

Family Camp Part 2

As I said yesterday, I was going to talk about a few things about the class I was in, our experience with Issac and Levi, and talk about some friends who were there for us in our time of need.

Class
Misty and I both attended the Young Adult Class.  Both Misty and I didn't say a lot during class, but were soaking it in. I was really impressed with our instructor Diane Allison.  She allowed us to be very open in class.  I loved her quirky personality.  She made class fun and spiritual.  The cookies were awesome too.    It was great to meet up with all the young adults from the different congregations expressing their views and concerns.  I am not going to get into a lot of what we discussed in class because we were asked not to, but I want all the people of this group to know that both Misty and I respect you and love you.  Misty and I also made a decision that we are going to try to visit as many congregations in our region as we can, and hopefully meet up some of you young adults at different congregations.
Issac and Levi
What a blessing to have Levi and Issac with us.  They were so excited for family camp and the joy I saw in their faces to meet with their friends was outstanding.  Levi was hanging out with Keegan, Dhiren, and the other Dutel kids, and some kids I didn't even know.  Levi was such a great brother to Issac during this trip.  He is truly one of the most caring people I know.  The cutest was the relationship of Issac and Joey.  They sure like each other quite a bit.  The 2nd most popular question Issac asked all week was Can I play with Joey?  I think some of the little girls had a  little crush on Issac too.  My favorite moments though was when they either sat on my lap or cuddled up against me.  It was truly a blessing.
Friends
I feel closer to all my congregation after this camp.  The hugs, words of encouragements, and conversations will always be remembered.  Not all of you know this,  but we had some major challenges during camp dealing with a young boy  that made it hard for us to enjoy the experience.  We love you all but there a few people that stick out in my mind.    Thank you Vic Dutel.  When we were close to the end of our rope with this young boy, you came by and saved us.  Both Misty and I learned a lot from watching you handle the situation.  We had another situation arise on Monday that I was actually able to handle.  I was thinking in my head of "What would Vic do?"   Within 10 minutes I had the situation under control. Also thank you Bruce Watson for your help during this situation as well.    Thank you Jeff Kramer for coming over and fishing with me.  Of course I had no idea what I was doing.  I haven't been fishing since high school.   I did a real good job of catching moss.   It was nice to have you there to have a conversation with.  I realized how peaceful and relaxing fishing is even when you aren't catching anything.  I plan to do a lot more fishing next year.  It looks like I will need to buy me a fishing pole.  Thank you Sarah, Elizabeth, Jenny, and I think Arielle for rushing the stage during my Elvis song.  It made me feel good.  Thank you Ilene Sheets for just being who you are.  Thank you Pat Mead for always taking an interest in what Misty and I are doing. 

Tomorrow I will be talking about some of the extracurricular activities.  You will find out Issac's most common question during camp.  You will hear about an amazing card trick and hunka hunka burning love.  I will also talk a little bit of our experience on KP Duty. 

1 comment:

  1. Troy I am truly blessed by the Lord as we all are. I am glad you and Misty stayed even thru this tuff time... The Lord gives us just enough stress to push us closer to him daily. I have to say that you did a great Job with the 2nd flare up ... By the time we arrived you had a great BIG SMILE and I knew you were going to be ok... SO pat yourself on the back Troy... You stood the ground and made a HUGE step that day... It is never easy and in times of need you can count on the Lord ... I was very heart broken the first night as we had to do what we had to do so your not alone ... I am thankful for you and Misty trusting me to do the right thing... and Dena and Bruce to help & support us as we shared this together.... Victor Cant wait for tomorrows stories!!!! I am glad you did not get hurt also.....

    ReplyDelete