Sunday, June 19, 2011

Family Camp: The Final Chapter for 2011

 This was my first family camp, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Misty and her family were so excited that I was going to family camp this year.  I knew there had to be something to it.  I got so much out of Camp this year.  I formed closer bonds with people.  I became closer with God.  I can't wait until next years camp.  There are a couple of things I would have one differently.  In this last blog, I will discuss some of those things and what I plan on doing going forward.

Regrets
Lake Doniphan is a beautiful Camp Ground.  We had an awesome time, however for me I feel like I didn't take in the nature part of it as much as I wanted to.  I didn't enjoy the birds chirping, the beautiful trees, and just sitting out by the lake as much as I should have.  I didn't take that all in, so next year I want to do more of that.  I want to do more fishing and taking early morning walks.    I also think we might have been a little too guarded with Levi and Issac.  We have to realize that they are probably more familiar with the campground than we are, and there is a ton of people out there to help watch them.  Hopefully, next year Mom and Dad Corn can go, but if not, I think we would handle watching Levi and Issac better. 

Going Forth
As I mentioned before I do feel rejuvenated from this experience.  Later on this year, I do plan on being baptized and confirmed as a member of the Community of Christ Church. This experience has me ready me more than ever.  I have been reading more about the sacraments since we have been home.  I love the Community of Christ Church and I love my Congregation.   I will write about my story on this decision later on.  Another thing we are going to do is visit different churches within our region.  After meeting with a lot of the younger adults, we feel led to do this.  We  want to see the different styles of worship.  I am guessing we will do this at least once a month until we visit the churches in our region. 

That concludes my posts on Family Camp this year!  Later this year, I will post my story of why I wanted to join the Community of Christ Church. Why have I decided to be baptized and confirmed as a member of this church?  I am really looking forward to writing about this.  Until then, God Bless you all. 

1 comment:

  1. Say it isn't so! We will let you say more about Family Camp later because sometimes more sifts through when we least expect it. Love you guys and maybe you will inspire a few other latent authors out there to try their hand! IS

    ReplyDelete