Friday, June 17, 2011

Family Camp Part 3



Family Camp was a time of worship.  It was a time to celebrate your relationship with Jesus Christ.  It was also for relaxing and having a good time!

Food and KP Duty
As a man who really enjoys his food, may I just say that the quality of food was just amazing. My favorite was probably the pulled pork sandwich for lunch!  The pizza was pretty good too.  It was a chance to have fellowship with others.  I really enjoyed my conversation with David talking about Elvis.  I know what you are thinking, why are you considering KP duty having a good time?  You just had to be there to understand it.  It was working as a team.  Misty, the boys, and I really enjoyed it.   We had KP duty on Sunday night.  Matt assigned us to the clean dishes, which means as soon as they come out of the dishwasher, we would put them away.  Levi and Issac bussed tables.  They did an outstanding job and they really enjoyed doing it.  It is just amazing how everyone pulls together to make this camp work. 

The Water!
Remember when I said the 2nd most popular question Issac asked was "Can I play with Joey?"  The most popular question Issac asked was When we going fishing?  He was fired up to go fishing.  I kept on telling him that we would on Sunday.  I am not a fisherman, even though I think I am going to become one now.   I would love to thank the adults and kids that helped Issac and Levi with hooks and helping Issac reel in the big one which I am sure will get bigger every year.   Issac was so excited.  He couldn't wait to go out again.  Unfortunately Levi didn't have as much luck during the fishing derby, but he went out the next day with the Dutels and caught a whopper.  It was also great watching Levi do boating.  He was flying around in that kayak. Misty and I were sitting under a shade tree taking it in.    Unfortunately, Issac was only able to go on the paddle boat.  He was a little sad about that, but he hung in there.  We only had 1 chance to go Swimming.  It was a little too cool most of the time we were there to swim.  The pool at Lake Doniphan is awesome!  The boys had a great time swimming there.

Talent Show
I had so much fun in the Talent Show this year. They started out announcing the fishing awards.  Guess who got the biggest fish.  Yep, you guessed it, our fisherman Issac. He was super excited he won his fishing box.  The Community of Christ sure has a lot of talent.  We had everything from group numbers, to some beautiful instrumentals, along with some really cool magic.  Levi was amazing doing his card trick up there.  That took a lot of guts.

I even decided to sign up for the talent show this year.   I decided to pay a little tribute to the king, Elvis!  I had the hair, sunglasses, and was showing a little chest.  It was tasteful though.  I sang Hound Dog.  I had such a good time up there.  Thank you ladies for rushing the stage. I know it was because of my amazing moves! :) That made the performance for me!  Of course, midway through the song, I was doing the Elvis back pedal swivel as I call it. Unfortunately, the foot didn't swivel and I landed straight on my bootie!  You aint nothin but a..... OUCH!  :)  A lot of people thought it was part of the show!  I should have stuck with that.  Thank you to everyone clapping during the song.  It was appreciated.  We will have to see what is in store for next year.   :)

My final chapter will be tomorrow.  I am going to talk about some of the regrets I had during camp, and what I hope to do going forth from camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment